Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Sri Lankan mutton curry
- 900 g mutton
- 50 ml vinegar
- 1 onion
- 3 garlic cloves
- 4 slices ginger
- 50 ml oil
- ½ tsp chile powder
- 2 tsp paprika
- ½ tsp turmeric
- ¼ tsp pepper, black
- 3 tsp coriander
- 1 tsp cumin
- ¼ tsp fenugreek
- curry leaf sprigs
- 500 ml coconut milk
- ¼ tsp curry powder
- 1 tsp salt
- Cut the mutton into bite size pieces and place in a bowl.
- Pour on the vinegar and leave to marinade for 30 minutes.
- Chop the onion, then grind in a pestle and mortar with the garlic and ginger.
- Heat the oil and fry the onion, garlic and ginger.
- Add the chile powder, paprika powder, turmeric, black pepper, coriander powder, cumin powder, fenugreek and curry leaves and stir fry for 3 minutes.
- Drain and remove the mutton from the marinade and add to the pan.
- Fry for 5 minutes, then pour in the coconut milk together with the marinade and bring to the boil.
- Cover the pan, reduce the heat and simmer for i hour, or until mutton is cooked.
- Just prior to serving sprinkle with the curry powder and add salt to taste.