Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- Wash the very well and let them drain in a strainer for 2–3 days.
- Place in a deep clay pot layers of salt and (one layer of salt follows one layer of and so on).
- Cover them with a towel and let them covered for 1–2 months. If they have sweetened place them in clean cold water where they can be preserved for a long time (up to 2 years).
- Whenever you want to eat some of them, take them out from water and wash them well.
- Use them in Greek salad, serve them as an appetizer with ouzo or just eat them plain.