- Wash the biltong or dried meat in hot water, and cut it into bite-sized pieces.
- In a large pot or Dutch oven, combine the meat with enough cold water to cover it, and cook over a low heat for twenty to thirty minutes.
- Add the mirepoix and beef broth and simmer for two hours.
- Add the onions, peanuts, and dal (lentils), mushrooms, and leek.
- Cook until the dal are completely disintegrated.
- Adjust the seasoning.
- Add the butter and cream.
Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.