Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Elephant ears. (There are many variations.)
- Makes 4 elephant ears.
- 1 bottle "Gold Medal" brand Zambian beer
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- ¼ cup butter
- 2 tbsp sugar
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ⅓ cup milk
- 3 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- Heat the oven to 425°F.
- Grease a cookie sheet with shortening.
- Heat butter until melted; set aside.
- Stir flour, 2 tablespoons sugar, the baking powder and salt in a medium bowl.
- Stir in milk and 3 tablespoons of the melted butter until dough forms.
- Sprinkle a surface lightly with flour; turn dough onto surface.
- Knead 10 times.
- Roll dough with a rolling pin or pat with hands into a rectangle, 9"x5".
- Brush with remaining melted butter, using a pastry brush; sprinkle with mixture of 3 tablespoons sugar and the cinnamon.
- Roll dough up tightly, beginning at narrow end.
- Pinch edge of dough into roll to seal.
- Cut into 4 equal pieces with sharp knife.
- Place cut sides up on cookie sheet; pat each into a 6" circle.
- Sprinkle with more sugar.
- Bake until golden brown, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Immediately remove from cookie sheet with a spatula.
- Let cool on wire rack.