Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Morgan Estate in Austin, Texas in 1982.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 1 package prepared cornbread mix
- 1 small red onion
- 1 small red bell pepper
- 1 small green bell pepper
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 pound lump crabmeat
- ½ pound shrimp
- ½ pound flounder fillets
- ¼ pound scallops
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- ⅛ teaspoon cayenne
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon white pepper
- 6 teaspoon clarified butter
- Well in advance prepare cornbread according to package directions then cool and process in food processor to make fine crumbs then set aside.
- Finely chop onion.
- Remove seeds and veins from peppers and chop into small pieces.
- Peel chop and finely crush garlic.
- Sauté onion in frying pan in hot olive oil for 4 minutes.
- Add peppers and garlic and continue cooking until peppers are almost tender.
- Meanwhile peel shrimp then coarsely chop shrimp, scallops and flounder.
- Remove onion and pepper mixture from heat and add seafood, mayonnaise and lime juice.
- Stir gently to prevent breaking up crab.
- Season with salt, pepper and cayenne then shape into patties and coat both sides with cornbread mixture.
- When ready to serve heat 2 tablespoons of the clarified butter in the frying pan over a moderately high flame then sauté 3 cakes at a time for 2 minutes on each side.
- Add more butter if necessary.