Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Barger Estate in Mckinney, Texas in 1997.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 2½ cups flour
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- ¾ cup salad oil
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 cup pecans or walnuts
- 1 egg beaten
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon soda
- Mix flour, brown sugar, granulated sugar, salt and nutmeg then add salad oil and mix well.
- Remove ½ cup of this mixture then add to it the cinnamon and nuts and save for the topping.
- To original mixture add egg, buttermilk and soda then pour into a cake pan and top with frosting mixture.
- Cut through with a knife so frosting can seep into cake.
- Bake 35 minutes at 375°F.