Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Purchased from Lowery Estate in Arlington, Texas in 1984. Marked as Louie's favorite. Dated 1959. This is a tried and true recipe. I also make it in a crock pot (cooking 5 hours) on lazy Sunday afternoons
- 5 pound chuck roast
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar
- 1 cup sliced purple onions
- 2 tablespoons lard or shortening
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- ½ cup catsup
- ½ cup water
- 2 tablespoons worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon rosemary
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
- In a pot, melt the lard.
- Brown the roast on all sides in hot lard.
- Add Onion and garlic, cooking until Onion is soft.
- Combine catsup, water, vinegar, worcestershire sauce, rosemary and salt.
- Pour over meat. Cover and cook slowly until meat is fork tender, about 3 hours.