Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Elmquist Estate in Heath, Texas in 1981.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 16 slices white bread with crusts removed
- 8 slices Canadian bacon
- 8 slices sharp cheddar cheese
- 6 eggs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- ¼ cup minced green pepper
- ¼ cup minced white onion
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 3 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- ¼ cup melted butter
- crushed corn flakes for topping
- Butter rectangular baking dish then place 8 slices of bread in the bottom.
- Top each with ham and cheese then top with remaining bread.
- In medium bowl beat eggs then add remaining ingredients except butter and corn flakes.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- In the morning toss cornflakes with melted butter and sprinkle over casserole.
- Bake uncovered at 350°F for 1 hour.
- Let stand 10 minutes before cutting into squares.