This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Elmquist Estate in Heath, Texas in 1981.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 16 slices white bread with crusts removed
- 8 slices Canadian bacon
- 8 slices sharp cheddar cheese
- 6 eggs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- ¼ cup minced green pepper
- ¼ cup minced white onion
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 3 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- ¼ cup melted butter
- crushed corn flakes for topping
- Butter rectangular baking dish then place 8 slices of bread in the bottom.
- Top each with ham and cheese then top with remaining bread.
- In medium bowl beat eggs then add remaining ingredients except butter and corn flakes.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- In the morning toss cornflakes with melted butter and sprinkle over casserole.
- Bake uncovered at 350°F for 1 hour.
- Let stand 10 minutes before cutting into squares.