Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- Source: My old recipes
- Makes 2½ cups
- 1 cup soy sauce
- 2 large onions, coarsely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, halved
- ¼ cup bottle gravy coloring (Kitchen Bouquet)
- 1 tsp seasoned salt
- Mix soy sauce, onion and garlic in blonde or food processor until mixture is smooth.
- Transfer to glass container, stirring gravy coloring and seasoned salt.
- To use, allow ½ cup of marinade for each steak and ¼ cup for each chop.
- Arrange meat in a shallow glass baking dish and slather with sauce.
- Cover meat with plastic wrap and let stand at room temperature for 2 hours or refrigerate up to 24 hours.
- Bring meat to room temperature before grilling.
- Makes an ideal marinade for less expensive cuts of beef such as chuck steak or round steak; it can also be used for shoulder lamb chops, pork chops or to brush on hamburgers while grilling.