Always check the ingredients to make sure the product is vegan.
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- ½ cup chopped onion
- 1 can (14oz) drained kidney beans
- 2½ cups water
- 1 cup long grain rice
- 1 cup fresh or frozen corn
- 1 cup chunky salsa sauce
- ¼ cup dry green lentils
- ¼ cup chopped red bell pepper
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- 1 minced garlic clove
- 12 thick slices tomato
- In large saucepan, heat oil over medium heat.
- Cook Onion for 5 minutes oruntil tender but not browned.
- Add beans, stock, rice, corn, salsa, lentils, sweet pepper, chili powder and garlic.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 20-25 minutes or until rice and lentils are tender and most of the liquid is absorbed.
- Serve over tomato slices.