Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Always check the ingredients to make sure the product is vegan.
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- ½ cup chopped onion
- 1 can (14oz) drained kidney beans
- 2½ cups water
- 1 cup long grain rice
- 1 cup fresh or frozen corn
- 1 cup chunky salsa sauce
- ¼ cup dry green lentils
- ¼ cup chopped red bell pepper
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- 1 minced garlic clove
- 12 thick slices tomato
- In large saucepan, heat oil over medium heat.
- Cook Onion for 5 minutes oruntil tender but not browned.
- Add beans, stock, rice, corn, salsa, lentils, sweet pepper, chili powder and garlic.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 20-25 minutes or until rice and lentils are tender and most of the liquid is absorbed.
- Serve over tomato slices.