Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- Makes 8 Servings
- 3 cups dried medium noodles (6 oz)
- 1 lb ground beef
- 2 x 8 oz cans tomato sauce
- 1 tsp dried basil, crushed
- ½ tsp sugar
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- 1 x 8-oz carton dairy sour cream
- 1 x 8-oz pkg cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup milk
- ⅓ cup chopped onion (1 small)
- 1 x 10-oz pkg frozen chopped spinach, cooked and well drained
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese (4 oz)
- Grease a 2-qt casserole or a 2-qt square baking dish; set aside.
- Cook noodles according to package directions; drain and set aside.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet cook beef until brown.
- Drain off fat.
- Stir tomato sauce, basil, sugar, garlic powder, salt and pepper into skillet.
- Bring to boiling; reduce heat.
- Simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes.
- In a med mixing bowl beat together the sour cream and cream cheese with an electric mixer on med speed until smooth.
- Stir in milk and onion.
- In prepared casserole or baking dish, layer half of the noodles (about 2cups), half of the meat mixture (about 1½ cups), half of the cream cheese mixture (about 1 c), and all of the spinach.
- Top with the remaining meat mixture and noodles.
- Cover and chill remaining cream cheese mixture until needed.
- Cover casserole or baking dish with lightly greased foil.
- Bake in 350 degree f oven about 45 minutes or until heated through.
- Uncover; spread with remaining cream cheese mixture.
- Sprinkle with the cheddar cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, about 10 minutes more or until cheese is melted.
- Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.
Nutritional information Edit
- Cals: 472 | Total fat: 30g | sat fat: 17g | chol: 127 mg | sod: 683 mg | carb: 25g | fiber: 3g | protein: 27g