- 2 ½ pounds orange pumpkin
- 3 ½ cups chicken stock
- 3 ½ cups milk
- salt and white pepper
- 2-3 teaspoons Sugar, or to taste
- 2/3 cup measure of raw rice, but cook it for this recipe
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon garnish
- Remove the peel, seeds and fiber from the pumpkin and cut it into pieces. Put it into a large pan with the chicken stock and the milk, season with salt and pepper, and Sugar and simmer for 15–20 minutes or until tender. Lift the pumpkin out and puree in a food processor or mash with a Potato masher. Return to the pan.
- Bring to a boil once again, add the cooked rice, and simmer to heat through. Add a little water if necessary to have a light creamy consistency. Garnish with a dusting of cinnamon.