Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- 6 sheets of fillo (or puff pastry, pancakes, or bread)
- 6-8 tablespoons of butter, melted
- 2/3 cup black or golden raisins
- 1 cup mixed whole or slivered blanched almonds, chopped hazelnuts and chopped pistachios
- 5 cups whole milk
- 1 ¼ cups heavy cream
- ½ - 2/3 cup Sugar
- 1-2 teaspoons cinnamon (optional)
- Keep the sheets of fillo in a pile, covered with a damp towel to keep them from drying out.
- Brush each one with melted butter and place them on top of each other on a buttered baking sheet.
- But the buttered fillo sheets in a preheated 350F oven for about 10 minutes, until they are crisp and the top ones are slightly colored.
- When cool enough to handle, crush the pastry with your hands into pieces into a baking dish, sprinkling the nuts and Raisins between the layers.
- Bring the milk and cream to a boil in a pan with the Sugar and pour over the pastry.
- Sprinkle, if you like, with the cinnamon and return to the oven.
- Raise the heat to 425F and bake for about 20–30 minutes, until slightly golden.
- Serve hot.