- 2 lb spinach
- 6 Tbsp peanut oil
- 4 tomatoes, peeled and chopped
- 1 medium Onion, chopped
- 2 small cloves of garlic, crushed
- 1 small slice ginger, finely chopped
- 1/4 lb ground egusi
- 2/3 cup water
- hot pepper, to taste
- salt, to taste
- Slice the spinach, a small bundle at a time, finely.
- Put into a large bowl and pour over it a kettleful of boiling water, then immediately pour
- Mix the egusi in a bowl with enough water to form a paste.
- Heat the oil in a heavy-bottomed saucepan, and add the tomatoes, Onion, garlic and ginger. Mix well and fry together for 10 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add the egusi paste, water, hot pepper and salt. Cook for approximately 10 minutes.
- Add the spinach, stir well into the sauce and cook for 15 minutes.
- serve with boiled rice or root vegetables.