Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- Source: Marlboro Country Cookbook
- Makes 8 Servings
- 4 cups cold mashed potatoes
- ½ cup crumbled crisp bacon or diced ham
- ¼ cup minced or grated onion
- ¼ cup chopped fresh herbs, optional (tarragon, dill, parsley, etc.)
- ½ tsp black pepper
- bacon fat or butter
- ½ cup dry bread crumbs
- 8 eggs
- 1 cup shredded cheese (cheddar, jack, etc.)
- Combine mashed potatoes, bacon, onion, herbs and pepper, stirring until well mixed.
- Grease a shallow baking pan with bacon fat.
- Sprinkle with bread crumbs.
- Spoon 8 mounds of potato mixture onto pan.
- With back of spoon, make deep depressions large enough to contain eggs in the potatoes.
- Bake in a 450 oven for 10 minutes or until potatoes are hot.
- Reduce heat to 350°F.
- Drop eggs into potato hollows.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until eggs are set.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
- Return to oven for a few minutes until cheese melts and eggs are done.