Always check the ingredients to make sure the product is vegan.
- 1 lb firm tofu
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 English muffins
- 4 slices of veggie Bacon
- sliced tomato
- 1/2 cup nutritional yeast
- 2 tbsp flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup water
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 tsp Braggs or soy sauce
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- Preheat oven to 450. Drain tofu and cut into 8 slices.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the vinegar, oil and salt.
- Arrange the tofu in a 6 X 9 baking dish and pour the oil and vinegar mixture over top.
- Marinate for 15-30 minutes. Make sure to turn the tofu over occasionally so each side gets marinated.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until crispy brown... you might want to dump out the excess liquid for the last few minutes of baking if it's not getting very brown for you.
- To prepare the sauce, whisk together the yeast, flour, and salt.
- Add the water, oil and Braggs and stir over medium heat until the sauce thickens.
- Stir in the mustard and simmer over low heat until ready to serve.
- Toast the muffins.
- On each slice of muffin, place 1 piece of Bacon, 2 tofu pieces, tomato slice and cover with the benny sauce.