Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- Slice the unpeeled eggplant into rounds of ½ inch thick, and then cut each round in half crosswise.
- Rinse and place on paper towel to drain.
- Sprinkle with salt and let the eggplant stand for at least 30 minutes.
- Pat dry.
- In large skillet heat 1 tablespoon of oil.
- Place some eggplant slices in the hot oil and cook over medium-low heat, covered, until soft and lightly browned, about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Turn the eggplant, add another tablespoon of oil to the pan, and cook, covered, for another 2 to 3 minutes.
- Remove the eggplant slices from the oil and drain well.
- Repeat the process with the remaining slices, adding oil as necessary.
- In a mortar with a pestle, pound 1 teaspoon salt the garlic and the nuts to make a paste.
- Mix well the paste adding the vinegar and the water.
- Spread the paste lightly on the cooked eggplant slices; let sit for 10 minutes.
- Place the eggplant on a dish and serve at room temperature, garnished with chopped parsley.