Contributed by Healthy Recipes for Diabetic Friends Y-Group
- ½ pound eggplant, peeled and cut into ¼ inch slices
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ¾ cup spaghetti sauce
- ¾ cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese
- Brush both sides of eggplant slices with oil.
- Place on an ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake at 400°F for 8 minutes.
- Turn and bake 7 – 8 minutes longer or until lightly browned and tender.
- Cool on a wire rack.
- Place one eggplant slice in each of two 10-oz. ramekins coated with nonstick cooking spray.
- Top each with 2 tablespoons spaghetti sauce and 2 tablespoons mozzarella cheese.
- Repeat layers twice.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350°F for 20 – 25 minutes or until bubbly and cheese is melted.
Nutritional information Edit
For one serving:
- 287 calories | 18 g fat (7 g saturated fat) | 30 mg cholesterol | 750 mg sodium | 16 g carbohydrate | 4 g fiber | 15 g protein.