Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- Makes 4 servings of eggplant and tomato gratin.
- 2 large tomatoes, cut into slices
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 large eggplants, cut into slices
- ¼ cup unseasoned bread crumbs
- ¾ tsp dried oregano
- ¾ tsp dried basil
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- ½ cup half and half
- 1½ cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- ½ cup grated parmesan cheese
- Place tomato slices on paper towels, sprinkle with ¼ tsp salt.
- Place more paper towels on top.
- Let stand 30 min.
- Pat top of tomatoes.
- Coat both sides of eggplant with cooking spray.
- Heat broiler.
- Broil eggplant on baking sheet coated with cooking spray for 5 min.
- On each side or until tender.
- Reduce oven heat to 350 °F.
- Coat a 2½ quart baking dish with nonstick spray.
- Sprinkle bread crumbs over the bottom.
- Arrange eggplant and tomato slices, alternating, around baking dish.
- Sprinkle casserole with oregano, basil, garlic and remaining salt.
- Drizzle with half and half.
- Top with both cheeses.
- Cover with foil.
- Bake 45 min.
- Remove foil, bake 10 min. or until cheese is golden.
- Cool 10 min. then serve.