Makes 6 servings.
- 2 medium eggplants, peeled and sliced, ½-inch thick
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ⅔ cup Italian-style breadcrumbs
- ¾ cup Parmesan cheese, divided
- 3 cups cooked rice
- 1 x 30-ounce jar prepared spaghetti sauce
- 2 cups (8-ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese
- Cook eggplant in oil with garlic in large skillet over medium-high heat; set aside.
- Combine breadcrumbs with 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese.
- Place eggplant slices in 13x9-inch glass casserole, overlapping slices if necessary. Sprinkle with breadcrumb mixture.
- Combine rice, sauce and remaining Parmesan cheese in large bowl; pour mixture over eggplant.
- Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese
- Bake at 375 °F for 20 minutes or until cheese is melted and lightly browned.