Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- Makes 1 dozen fritters.
- 1½ cups cooked rice
- 2 cups mashed cooked eggplant (about 1 pound, uncooked)
- 2 teaspoons grated onion
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 cup grated sharp cheddar cheese
- ¼ cup flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- dash hot pepper sauce
- vegetable oil
- Combine rice, eggplant, onion, eggs, cheese, flour, salt, pepper and pepper sauce in mixing bowl.
- Mix well.
- Heat 3 tablespoons oil in large skillet over medium heat.
- Drop mixture by tablespoonfuls into skillet.
- Cook several fritters at a time until golden brown on both sides, turning once.
- Keep warm while frying remaining fritters, adding oil as needed.