Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Makes plenty for 4-6 hungry people. Recipe can be halved. I got this soup recipe off this group, but unfortunately lost the name of the author. It's really wonderful! the only comment is that i use less water when making cream sauces than is suggested here.
- 1 med eggplant
- 1½ lbs mushrooms, cut into thick slices (⅓ – ½ in.) (I used button and cremini didn't care for the shiitake though)
- ⅔ cup homemade soup mix plus 2 cups water or 2 cans low fat cream of mushroom soup
- 4 cloves crushed garlic (or to taste)
- 1 tbsp paprika (or to taste, I use more!)
- 1 tbsp nutmeg (or to taste)
- salt and pepper to taste
- ¼ cup each balsamic vinegar
- white wine for sauteing
- Cut the eggplant into thick slices (can leave skin on, if desired) salted the slices, and let them drain for about half an hour or so. Pat them dry with a paper towel, then cut into bite-sized chunks. (the salting/draining helps keep the eggplant from getting bitter).
- In a cup, mix equal parts of balsamic vinegar and white wine for sauteing.
- Add crushed garlic to this mixture, and use this to saute eggplant until it is nice and soft (15-20 minutes at medium heat).
- Remove eggplant, and saute mushrooms in remaining vinegar/wine mixture until they release their juices.
- Stir in eggplant, then add soup mix and water (or canned soup, if using that).
- Add paprika, nutmeg, salt and pepper to taste, and cook 5-6 minutes until sauce has thickened and veggies are heated through.
- Add additional water if sauce is too thick, and do not overcook.
- Serve over rice or fettucine noodles.