Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- 3 medium eggplants
- 1 lb / 500 g tomatoes
- 2 lb / 1 kg chicken thighs
- 3 onions
- 3 carrots sliced round
- 3 green peppers
- 1 parsley root
- 1 celery root sliced
- 1 tablespoon mixed parsley and dill
- 1 head of garlic
- 4 tablespoons oil
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon flour
- a few whole black peppers
- 1 tablespoon oregano and thyme
- 2 tablespoons crumbled feta cheese
- Wash the eggplants, remove the stem and cut into ½ inch rounds.
- Sprinkle with salt and let rest for 1 hour.
- Drain each slice well and dry it with a clean cloth, fry in oil, on both sides, at medium heat.
- After all eggplants have been fried, fry the thighs, and then fry the thinly sliced onions and vegetables in the remaining oil until softened.
- In a pan, arrange a layer of tomato rounds (reserve about ⅓ of the tomatoes for sauce), then a layer of fried eggplants, sprinkle with some minced garlic, then a layer of fried thighs sprinkled with salt, oregano and thyme, then a layer of fried vegetables sprinkled with some salt.
- Repeat this procedure until everything is used up.
- The last layer must be tomatoes.
- Boil the remaining tomatoes with 2-3 tablespoons of water, strain; add some salt, dusted flour and ½ teaspoon sugar.
- Pour this sauce over the eggplants and then bake until almost all liquid is reduced.
- Turn onto the serving platter and serve warm with sprinkled parsley, dill and crumbled feta.