Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Contributed by Healthy Recipes for Diabetic Friends Y-Group
- Serves 6
- ½ cup onion, chopped
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 6 oz can tomato sauce
- 1¾ cups water
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- ¼ cup parsley leaves, freshly chopped or 2 tbsp dried parsley flakes
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 large eggplant or zucchini
- 1 lbs Swiss cheese, sliced
- 1½ cups dry bread cubes
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- Sauté the onion in the oil in a saucepan until the onion is tender.
- Add the tomato paste, water, oregano, parsley and salt.
- Simmer over low heat for 10 minutes.
- Cut the eggplant (or zucchini) into ¼-inch-thick slices.
- Arrange one layer of eggplant slices in the bottom of a lightly-oiled 9- by 13 inch baking pan.
- Pour on about ⅓ cup of the tomato sauce.
- Top with the Swiss cheese slices.
- Add another layer of eggplant slices and pour on about ½ cup of the tomato sauce.
- Combine the rest of the sauce with the bread cubes and spoon over the eggplant.
- Sprinkle on the parmesan cheese.
- Bake in a 325°F oven for about 25 minutes.
Nutritional information Edit
For one serving
- calories: 385 | carbohydrates: 17 | protein: 26 | fat: 26 | sodium: 497 | potassium: 471 | cholesterol: 72
- Exchange values: 3 high-fat meat exchanges + 1 bread exchange + 1 fat exchange