- 2 pounds eggplant
- 1 onion, chopped finely
- 3 fresh tomato balls
- tomato paste (3 tsp)
- 4 to 6 tbsp oil
- chicken / meat / fish as desired
- salt and pepper to taste
- Peel and slice eggplant in chunks.
- Saute eggplant in a oil until light brown.
- Add onions, tomato balls, meat, and stir.
- Add water, salt and pepper and bring to a boil, then add tomato paste.
- Cover the pan and turn the heat to low, simmering for 20 to 30 minutes and stir often until the eggplant is tender and the flavors have blended.
- Can be served with rice, or your favourite side dish.