Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- 2 eggplants peeled, and cut into 1" dice
- 1 large onion diced
- 2 large zucchini cut ½" dice
- 3 large tomatoes cut ½" dice
- 1 head garlic separated into clove
- ½ lb mushrooms quartered
- ½ cup olive oil
- 6 cups chicken broth or water - (to 7 cups)
- ½ cup red wine
- salt to taste
- freshly-ground black pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp chopped basil
- 2 tbsp chopped oregano
- 2 tbsp chopped parsley (optional)
- Toss eggplant, onion, zucchini, tomatoes, garlic and mushrooms with olive oil.
- Layer vegetables evenly on 15- by 9-inch jellyroll pan.
- Roast at 350 degrees until browned, stirring occasionally for even browning, about 1 hour.
- Remove from oven and cool.
- Puree roasted vegetables in blender and transfer to saucepan.
- Add broth and wine.
- Simmer over medium heat until slightly reduced, about 20 minutes
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Add basil and oregano.
- Remove from heat.
- Serve in heated cups or bowls and garnish with chopped parsley, if desired.