- Roast the eggplant(s) over an open flame, such as the top of a gas stove or a barbecue, turning the eggplant until it is evenly charred and blackened.
- Transfer the eggplant(s) to a bowl.
- Cover and set aside until cool enough to handle.
- Remove the eggplant from the bowl, saving any liquid that accumulates; this will have a nice smoky flavor that will enhance the final dish.
- Peel away the skin using your fingers and a paring knife.
- Discard the charred blackened skin, though quite a bit of the charred bits will remain.
- (don't worry, they will disappear into the smoky eggplant mixture.
- ) coarsely chop the eggplant flesh and return it to the bowl with any liquid that has accumulated.
- Mix in the rest of the ingredients: olive oil, garlic and lemon juice; season with salt and pepper.
Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.