Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
In Romanian: Mincare de vinete preparata ruseste.
- 3 medium eggplants
- 1 lb / 500 g tomatoes
- 3 onions
- 1 carrot
- 3 green peppers
- 1 parsley root
- 1 celery root
- 1 tablespoon mixed parsley and dill
- 1 head of garlic
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 4 tablespoons oil
- ½ teaspoon sugar
- Wash the eggplants, remove the stem and cut into ½ inch rounds.
- Sprinkle with salt and let rest for 1 hour.
- Drain each slice well and dry it with a clean cloth.
- Dredge with flour and fry in oil, on both sides, at medium heat.
- After all eggplants have been fried, fry the thinly sliced onions and vegetables in the remaining oil until softened.
- In a pan, arrange a layer of tomato rounds (reserve about ⅓ of the tomatoes for sauce), then a layer of fried eggplants, sprinkle with some minced garlic, then a layer of fried vegetables sprinkled with some chopped parsley and dill.
- Repeat this procedure until everything is used up.
- The last layer must be tomatoes.
- Boil the remaining tomatoes with 2-3 tablespoons of water, strain, add some salt and ½ teaspoon sugar.
- Pour this sauce over the eggplants and then bake until almost all liquid is reduced.
- Turn onto the serving platter and serve warm or cold.