Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- 2 medium green bell peppers, diced
- 2 cups chopped ripe tomatoes
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 cup pimento-stuffed green olives, sliced
- 2 Tbs. drained capers
- 1/2 tsp. dried basil
- 1/2 tsp. dried oregano
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Bread Crumb Topping
- 1/3 cup dry seasoned bread crumbs
- 3 Tbs. grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 1/2 Tbs. soy margarine or butter, melted
- 2 small Eggplants (about 1 lb. each), peeled and cut into 3/4-inch cubes (8 cups)
- 1 cup chopped Onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
Preheat oven to 350 °F. Spray a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray; heat over medium heat until hot. Add Onion and garlic and cook, stirring often, until softened, about 4 minutes. Add Eggplant, bell peppers and tomatoes. Cook, stirring often, until vegetables are tender, about 5 minutes.
Add parsley, capers, herbs, salt and pepper. Spoon mixture into an 11- by 7-inch baking dish. (If making ahead, allow casserole to cool completely, cover tightly and refrigerate until 30 minutes before serving.)
Topping: In small bowl, combine all topping ingredients and mix well. Sprinkle casserole evenly with topping mixture. Bake, uncovered, until mixture is bubbly and top browned, about 30 minutes.