- 2 medium-sized Eggplants (about 1 1/2 lb. total), rinsed
- 1 1/2 cups plain breadcrumbs plus extra for rolling
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 small Onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 Tbs. chopped fresh parsley
- 2 large eggs or egg substitute
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- About 1/2 cup vegetable oil for frying, or more as needed
2. Drain well. When cool enough to handle, remove skins and mash pulp.
4. Heat about 1/4 cup oil in skillet over medium heat, and fry patties until golden on both sides. Using slotted spatula, remove slices from oil, and drain on paper towels. Repeat with remaining mixture until used up, adding more oil if needed.