Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- 1 medium Eggplant
- 2 green peppers, chopped
- 1c. bread crumbs
- 2 onions, chopped
- 1/2 c. Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 tsp. thyme
- 2 Tbs. chopped parsley
- 2 Tbs. oil
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. oregano
- 1/8 tsp. pepper
- 3 Tbs. tomato paste
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 to 2 c. grated Swiss cheese
- 4 tomatoes, chopped
- 1/4 c. additional Parmesan
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Cut Eggplant into 1/2" slices.
- Cover Eggplant completely with hot water and let stand 5 minutes. Dry slices.
- Fry in 1/3 c. oil until lightly browned.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Put in bottom of 9"x13" baking pan.
- Combine next seven ingredients in a blender and blend well.
- Sprinkle mixture over the Eggplant.
- In a saucepan, combine tomatoes, green peppers, onions, oil, garlic, and tomato paste and let simmer uncovered about 20 minutes.
- Spread on top of crumb mixture and Eggplant.
- Top with Swiss cheese and the rest of the Parmesan cheese.
- Bake 10–15 minutes. Can be made ahead, refrigerated, and baked when ready to use.