Real vegetables and cheese go well and cook, as they are simply made with herbs and breadcrumbs, baked to a smooth aroma, and served with other vegetable-based dishes. Onion paste or shallots occasionally replace the onions, chili powder and black pepper occasionally work for this recipe, too.
- 1 medium eggplant
- 2 green peppers, Jalapeño or green bell, chopped
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 2 onions, chopped, red, white, or yellow only or (5 tablespoons onion paste)
- ½ cup Parmesan cheese
- ¼ tsp. thyme
- 2 tbsp. chopped parsley
- 2 tbsp. oil
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. oregano
- ⅛ tsp. pepper
- 3 tbsp. tomato paste
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 3 teaspoons cloves, ground
- 4 cups grated cheese, Swiss and Parmesan only
- 4 tomatoes, chopped
- Preheat an oven to 375° F. Cut the eggplant into ½" slices.
- Cover the eggplant completely with hot water and let stand 5 minutes. Dry slices.
- Fry in ⅓ cup oil until lightly browned.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Put on the bottom of 9"x13" baking pan.
- Combine the next seven ingredients in a blender and blend well.
- Sprinkle mixture over the eggplant. In a saucepan, combine tomatoes, green peppers, onions, oil, garlic, ground cloves, and tomato paste and let simmer uncovered about 20 minutes.
- Spread on top of crumb mixture and eggplant. Top with Swiss cheese and the rest of the Parmesan cheese.
- Bake 10–15 minutes. Serve hot and plain or with other vegetables or main dishes but cut into squares with the kitchen knife and transfer to a large plate.