Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- Pre-heat broiler.
- Cut eggplants into ½ inch slices and peel.
- Brush lightly with oil and broil on each side till tender.
- Heat the oil in a deep pot.
- Add onion and garlic and saute till golden.
- Add tomato sauce, tomatoes, parsley and seasonings.
- Bring to a simmer and cook over low heat, covered, for 15 minutes.
- Break each matzo into 3 strips.
- Fill a shallow casserole dish with lightly salted water.
- Place matzo strips into water for 2 t 3 minutes, till pliable but not mushy.
- Remove carefully to a plate.
- Preheat oven to 350 °F.
- Lightly oil a large, shallow casserole dish and layer as follows: a thin layer of sauce, a layer of eggplant, a layer of matzo, a layer of cheese.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes, till cheese shows some brown spots.