Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This Moroccan snack is great to munch on whenever the mood takes you. They are delicious and easy to prepare.
- 1 large eggplant, peeled, cut into 2 inch pieces
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups dry breadcrumbs
- 1 cup coarsely chopped cilantro
- ½ cup sultana raisins
- ½ cup Greek yogurt
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ jalapeno chile, minced
- 2 teaspoons tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon hot paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon curry
- ½ teaspoon ground coriander
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground [ginger]]
- 1 pinch ground cardamom
- 1 cup flour
- 2 eggs, beaten
- Firstly, put the eggplant in the microwave for a few minutes until it's tender.
- Then put it into the blender until it makes a puree.
- Whisk the eggplant with 2 eggs, the breadcrumbs and everything else on the list except for the flour, the other two eggs and a cup of breadcrumbs.
- Split the mixture into portions of about 1 tablespoon each and coat with flour, dip it into the beaten eggs and then add a final coat of breadcrumbs.
- Flatten the portions in your hands to make patties and put them on a baking sheet.
- Do this to each portion.
- Heat some oil in large saucepan and, when it is hot, add the patties and fry until golden-brown, about 3 minutes on each side.