- 1/2 stick margarine
- 2 large purple Eggplants (peeled and cubed)
- 1 lb. good ground chuck
- 1/2 cup finely chopped Onion
- 1/2 cup finely chopped bell pepper
- 1 cup water
- 1 tsp. salt, pepper, garlic powder
- 2 cups cooked hot white rice.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9 by 11 inch pyrex dish with a non stick spray. Saute' Onion and bell pepper in melted margarine. Add meat and brown slightly. add seasonings, Eggplant and water. Cover and simmer for 20 minutes on medium low heat.
- Add rice and pour into the pyrex dish. Sprinkle with 1/2 cup bread crumbs and bake at 350 for 30 minutes. This is a "really good feast" with roast and gravy, purple hull Peas, sweet cushaw Squash, sliced fresh tomatoes, cantaloupe, hot rolls and sweet iced tea. and peach cobbler and ice cream