- 2-3 tbsp cooking oil
- 2 onions, chopped
- 1-2 tsp curry powder
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 tsp grated ginger
- 1-2 hot chile peppers, cleaned and chopped
- 2 large Eggplants, chopped, lightly salted, and squeezed to partially remove moisture
- 3-4 potatoes, chopped (optional)
- 2-3 tomatoes, peeled and chopped
- 1 small can or tomato paste (optional)
- salt, black pepper, cayenne pepper or red pepper (to taste)
- ¼ tsp Sugar (optional)
- 1 cup coconut milk
Heat the oil in a large pot. Sauté onions for a few minutes, then add curry powder, garlic, ginger, and chili pepper. Continue frying over high heat for a few more minutes, stirring continuously.
Add Eggplant and potatoes, stir fry until Eggplant begins to brown. Reduce heat. Simmer for 10 minutes.
Stir in tomatoes and tomato paste. Adjust seasoning. Simmer until sauce is thickened and everything is tender.
Stir in coconut milk. Serve with boiled rice.