Always check the ingredients to make sure the product is vegan.
- 1 large Eggplant
- 3 finely chopped green onion
- 1 clove(s) minced large garlic
- 1 large peeled and chopped tomato
- 1/2 finely chopped celery
- 1 Tablespoon(s) fresh lemon juice
- 2 Teaspoon(s) vegetable oil
- 1/2 Teaspoon(s) salt
- 1/4 Teaspoon(s) black pepper
- Prick Eggplant in several places with a fork.
- Place on baking sheet and bake in 400 (f) oven for 45 minutes or until soft, turning once or twice during baking.
- Let cool, then peel and chop finely.
- In mixing bowl, combine Eggplant, onions, garlic, tomato, celery, and green pepper if using; toss and mix.
- Add lemon juice, oil, salt and pepper; mix well.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour to blend flavors. Makes 3 cups.