Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
I added the nutrition info to this... it is a Dr. Weil recipe that has been previously posted. It is quite yummy and a good dish to serve to guests or taken to a gathering. Take care, Gloria
Traditional pates are often made from high-fat meats and liver. They can be delicious and quite elegant, but less than nutritious. This vegetarian version is sophisticated, filled with flavor, and healthful. Enjoy it on a special occasion or as an everyday spread with whole-grain crackers.
- Contributed by Healthy Recipes For Diabetic Friends Y-Group
- 1 large eggplant
- 1 cup walnut pieces
- 2 tsp fresh ginger root, peeled, grated and finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, mashed
- 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- ⅛ tsp ground allspice
- salt and hot pepper sauce to taste
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Pierce the eggplant with a fork in several places and bake until very soft, about 45 minutes.
- While the eggplant is baking, grind the walnuts in a food processor until very fine, and set aside.
- Remove the eggplant from oven, slash to let steam escape, drain off any liquid, and scrape the pulp into a food processor with the ginger root, garlic and olive oil.
- Process until smooth.
- Add the ground walnuts and allspice, and process until smooth.
- Season to taste with the salt, and hot pepper sauce.
- Spoon into a small loaf dish and chill several hours or until firm.
Nutritional information Edit
- 98 Calories | 8g Total Fat (1g Sat) | 0mg Cholesterol | 6g Carbs | 2g Fiber | 2g Protein | 150mg Sodium