Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- Makes about 50
- ¾ cup butter or margarine
- ½ cup sugar
- ¼ cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- ½ tsp vanilla
- ¼ tsp salt
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- In a large mixer bowl beat ¾ cup butter or margarine till softened.
- Add sugar and brown sugar and beat till fluffy.
- Add egg, vanilla, salt, and beat well.
- Add flour and beat till well mixed.
- Cover and chill about 1 hour or till easy to handle.
- Shape into 1 inch balls.
- Place 2 inches apart on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Press down centers with thumb.
- Bake in a 350°F oven about 12 minutes or till done.
- Remove and cool.
- For filling, in a small mixer bowl beat ¼ cup butter or margarine till softened.
- Add powdered sugar and beat till fluff.
- Add rum and beat well.
- Spoon about ½ tsp filling into center of each cookie.
- Sprinkle with nutmeg.
- Chill till filling is firm.