Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- Source: SeasonsAtHome
- Makes about 40 cookies
- ⅔ cup butter, softened
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ⅛ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour
- 2 slightly beaten egg whites
- 1 cup finely chopped walnuts
- ¼ cup butter
- 1 cup sifted powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon rum or ¼ teaspoon rum extract
- 1 to 2 teaspoons milk
- ground nutmeg
- Beat the ⅔-cup butter in a mixing bowl with an electric mixer on medium to high speed for 30 seconds.
- Add granulated sugar and the ⅛-teaspoon nutmeg; beat until combined.
- Beat in egg yolks and vanilla.
- Beat in as much flour as you can.
- Stir in any remaining flour with a wooden spoon.
- If necessary, cover and chill dough about 1 hour or until easy to handle.
- Shape into 1-inch balls.
- Roll balls in egg whites, then in chopped walnuts.
- Place 1 inch apart on lightly greased cookie sheets.
- Press centers with your thumb.
- Bake in a 375°F oven for 10 to 12 minutes or until edges are lightly browned.
- Cool on wire racks.
- For filling, beat the ¼-cup butter until softened.
- Add powdered sugar and beat until fluffy.
- Beat in rum or rum extract and enough milk to make of spreading consistency.
- Spoon or pipe about ½ teaspoon filling into center of each cookie.
- Sprinkle with nutmeg.