- Cream butter and shortening.
- Gradually add sugar, beating well at medium speed of an electric mixer.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Add flour to creamed mixture alternately with eggnog, beginning and ending with flour.
- Mix just until blended after each addition.
- Stir in coconut and flavorings.
- Pour batter into a greased and floured 10" tube pan and bake at 325°F for 1 hour and 30 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center of cake comes out clean.
- Cool in pan 10 minutes; remove from pan and cool completely on a wire rack.