- Bake and cool a 9-inch graham cracker pie crust.
- In a small pan, combine water and gelatin, and let stand for 5 minutes.
- Heat to dissolve gelatin.
- In a mixing bowl, beat together egg yolks and sugar.
- Blend in rum and then gelatin mixture.
- In another bowl, whip 2 cups heavy cream until stiff.
- Reserve 1 cup whipped cream for topping.
- Fold remainder into egg mixture and pour into pie crust.
- Chill until partially set, if soupy.
- For topping, add 2 tablespoons powdered sugar and 2 tablespoons rum to reserved whipped cream.
- Top pie with whipped topping and nutmeg.