Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- 3/4 cup water or beer
- (3/4 cup Raisins, optional)
- (3/4 cup nuts, optional)
- 3/4 cup brown sugar (or white)
- 3 or 4 tablespoons butter, oil, or margarine
- 3/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- (1/4 teaspoon allspice, optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 to 1 sachet sucre vanilliné
- 1+1/2 cups flour (or 1+1/4 cup flour + 1/4 cup Maizena)
- (3 tablespoons NIDO, optional)
- 1 sachet levure chimique (baking powder)
- Preheat oven to 325 °F to 350 °F (about 175 °C).
- Combine first 8 ingredients (water - allspice) and boil for 3 minutes.
- Sift together other ingredients.
- When syrup is cool, mix all ingredients and put in a greased loaf pan.
- Bake for 50 minutes or until done.
- Cool 10–15 minutes and remove from pan.
- Frost if desired.