This croissant sandwich is perfect for breakfast or anytime of day.
- Prep: 15 minutes
- Makes 4 servings
- 8 teaspoons Land O Lakes® butter
- 4 croissants, split
- 8 slices (¾-ounce each) Land O Lakes® American cheese
- ¼ pound thinly sliced deli ham
- 8 hot poached eggs
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives, if desired
- Heat broiler.
- Spread 2 teaspoons butter on bottom half of each croissant.
- Place buttered-side up on baking sheet.
- Broil 5 to 7 inches from heat until light golden brown (1 to 2 minutes).
- Top each toasted croissant half with 1 slice cheese and ¼ of ham.
- Continue broiling until cheese is melted (1 to 2 minutes).
- Place 2 poached eggs and 1 slice cheese over ham on each croissant.
- Continue broiling until cheese is melted (1 minute).
- Sprinkle with chives; top each with remaining croissant half.
- Tip: to poach eggs heat 1½ to 2 inches water in saucepan to boiling.
- Reduce heat to low.
- Break egg into small bowl; carefully slip egg into water.
- Cook until whites and yolks are firm, not runny.
- Remove with slotted spoon.
Nutritional Information Edit
Per 1 Serving: Calories 620, Fat 41 g, Cholesterol 535 mg, Sodium 1590 mg, Carbohydrates 31 g, Dietary Fiber 0 g, Protein 31 g