Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- Makes 4 servings
- 1 ripe avocado (about 8 ounces)
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- ½ cup chopped onion
- 1 cup diced red bell pepper
- 6 eggs
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh cilantro
- ¾ tsp hot red pepper sauce
- ½ tsp salt
- ¾ cup broken tortilla chips
- ½ cup shredded jack cheese
- Cut avocado lengthwise around the pit; twist halves to separate; spear pit with a knife, twist and pull to remove; gently scoop out flesh with a spoon; dice avocado (makes about 1 cup) and set aside.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add onion; cook and stir for 1 minute.
- Add bell pepper; cook and stir until onion begins to brown, about 3 minutes.
- Meanwhile, whisk together eggs, cilantro, hot sauce and salt.
- Add to mixture in skillet along with tortilla chip pieces.
- Cook and stir gently until eggs are set but still soft.
- Sprinkle cheese on top.
- Cover and remove from heat; let stand until cheese begins to melt, about 1 minute.
- Divide mixture among four plates; top with reserved avocado.
- Serve with bacon strips or curls, if desired.