Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Elmquist Estate in Heath, Texas in 1981.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 16 slices bread
- 8 slices ham
- 8 slices cheddar cheese
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 6 eggs well beaten
- 3 cups milk
- ½ teaspoon dry mustard
- ½ teaspoon tarragon
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- crushed potato chips
- ½ cup melted butter
- Place bread, ham, cheese sandwich wise in a pan big enough to hold the sandwiches.
- Mix remaining ingredients except potato chips and butter beat well and pour over sandwich.
- Cover with crushed potato chips then cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Remove from refrigerator 1 hour before placing in oven.
- Pour ½ cup melted butter over top then bake at 350°F for 1 hour.
- Serve hot.