Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Contributed by Healthy Recipes for Diabetic Friends Y-Group
- From: The Diabetes Snack, Munch, Nibble, Nosh Book
- Yield: 2 servings
- 2 hard-cooked large eggs, cooled under running water
- 1 tbsp fat-free sour cream
- 2 tsp reduced-fat mayonnaise
- ¼ tsp Dijon-style mustard
- pinch salt (optional)
- ¼ cup finely chopped celery
- 2 slices reduced-fat whole-wheat bread
- paprika for garnish (optional)
- Cut each egg in half.
- Carefully remove the yolks.
- Discard one yolk.
- In a small bowl, mash the remaining egg yolk.
- Add the sour cream, pickle relish, mayonnaise, mustard, and salt (if desired).
- Stir to mix well.
- Stir in the celery.
- Chop the egg whites and stir them into the yolk mixture.
- Spread the mixture on each slice of bread.
- Serve as open-faced sandwiches.
- If desired, garnish with a light sprinkling of paprika.
Nutritional information Edit
Per serving (⅓ cup egg salad with 1 bread slice):
- 148 Calories | 7g Fat | 215mg Cholesterol | 296mg Sodium | 14g Carbs | 3g Dietary Fiber | 4g Sugars | 9g Protein
- Diabetic Exchanges: 1 Starch | 1 Medium-Fat Meat