Contributed by Healthy Recipes for Diabetic Friends Y-Group
- From: The Diabetes Snack, Munch, Nibble, Nosh Book
- Yield: 2 servings
- 2 hard-cooked large eggs, cooled under running water
- 1 tbsp fat-free sour cream
- 2 tsp reduced-fat mayonnaise
- ¼ tsp Dijon-style mustard
- pinch salt (optional)
- ¼ cup finely chopped celery
- 2 slices reduced-fat whole-wheat bread
- paprika for garnish (optional)
- Cut each egg in half.
- Carefully remove the yolks.
- Discard one yolk.
- In a small bowl, mash the remaining egg yolk.
- Add the sour cream, pickle relish, mayonnaise, mustard, and salt (if desired).
- Stir to mix well.
- Stir in the celery.
- Chop the egg whites and stir them into the yolk mixture.
- Spread the mixture on each slice of bread.
- Serve as open-faced sandwiches.
- If desired, garnish with a light sprinkling of paprika.
Nutritional information Edit
Per serving (⅓ cup egg salad with 1 bread slice):
- 148 Calories | 7g Fat | 215mg Cholesterol | 296mg Sodium | 14g Carbs | 3g Dietary Fiber | 4g Sugars | 9g Protein
- Diabetic Exchanges: 1 Starch | 1 Medium-Fat Meat