Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Elmquist Estate in Heath, Texas in 1981.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 3 hard-cooked eggs chopped
- ¼ cup yogurt
- ¼ cup cottage cheese drained dry
- 2 tablespoon finely chopped celery
- 2 tablespoon thinly sliced green onion
- ½ teaspoon dry mustard
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 medium tomatoes
- 2 cups lettuce
- In bowl combine eggs, yogurt, cottage cheese, celery, onion, dry mustard, salt and cayenne.
- Cover and chill.
- Cut a slice off the top of each tomato then scoop out seeds and flesh.
- Invert tomatoes on paper toweling to drain then chill well.
- To serve sprinkle inside of tomatoes with salt and pepper.
- Spoon half of the egg mixture into each tomato shell.
- Sprinkle with snipped parsley.
- Arrange tomatoes on lettuce then serve.