Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- Pour milk in a saucepan and add half of the sugar and the bay leaf.
- Boil to nearly half its volume with occasional stirring to prevent the skin being formed.
- Allow to cool down.
- Beat the eggs in a large bowl, adding the remaining sugar in three steps.
- Add this and the pinch of cinnamon to the milk and mix thoroughly.
- Cook uncovered in a thick-bottomed pan over medium heat until it turns golden yellow
- Add butter and go on stirring until the liquid portion is almost dried up, but be careful not to over-dry.
- Pour the haloa in a glass bowl.
- Serve when cools down.