- makes 2 cups
- 1 1⁄2 tbsp. butter
- 1 1⁄2 tbsp. flour
- 1 cup Double-Rich Fish Stock
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
- 2 hard-cooked eggs, peeled and chopped
- 2 tbsp. capers, rinsed and coarsely chopped
- Salt and freshly ground white pepper
- Melt butter in a small heavy-bottomed saucepan over medium-low heat. Whisk in flour and cook, stirring constantly, until bubbling but not browned, about 2 minutes.
- Gradually whisk in stock, then cream. Bring to a simmer, cook for 30 seconds, then remove from heat and set aside to cool for 5 minutes. Sauce will thicken as it rests.
- Stir in eggs and capers. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Keep warm over lowest heat until ready to serve.