Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- 1 tbs. olive oil
- 3 large plum tomatoes, quartered
- 4 oz. Cremini mushrooms, quartered
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 large red bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1 carrot, peeled and chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 6 cups (or more) low-sodium vegetable broth
- 3 large fresh flat-leaf parsley sprigs
- ¾ tsp. dried thyme
- ½ cup small elbow macaroni
- 2 cups shelled, cooked edamame
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- In large pot, heat oil over medium-high heat.
- Add tomatoes, mushrooms, onion, bell pepper and carrot and cook, stirring often, until vegetables are deep golden brown, about 15 minutes.
- Transfer about 2 cups cooked vegetables to cutting board.
- Chop vegetables into small pieces and set aside.
- Add 6 cups broth, parsley and thyme to pot, and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, cover and simmer until remaining vegetables are very tender, about 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat; cool slightly.
- Working in batches, puree vegetables and broth in blender.
- Pour through strainer set over bowl, pressing on solids to extract as much liquid as possible.
- Discard solids.
- Return liquid and reserved chopped vegetables to soup pot.
- Bring soup to a boil, thinning with more vegetable broth if necessary.
- Add pasta; reduce heat to medium and cook, until pasta is tender, about 10 minutes.
- Add edamame; simmer until heated through, about 5 minutes.
- Ladle soup into bowls and top with cheese.